Can you tell me what is it about plastic cases that give its strength and durability?
There are thousands of plastics in the current market that can be used by various industries to keep its products and equipment safe and secure. Choosing the right plastic case for a given project can be difficult and overwhelming at times. Each plastic material has its own advantages and disadvantages when it comes to the following factors mentioned below.
When compared to metal cases plastic cases are:
• Chemical resistant
• Non-corrosive – it does not rust or deteriorates like metal cases
• It can withstand exposure to any kind of environment for a longer period of time
• It is non-reactive to the moisture content that is present in other materials
• Less expensive
Plastic lightweight cases are often chosen for equipment and products that require strength, toughness, durability and impact to resistance. These factors make it difficult for a dent, puncture or a tear to occur in these carrying cases.
Plastics such as ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene), Polycarbonate, pDCPD (Polydicyclopentadiene), etc used in the manufacturing of these custom cases are often selected for industrial, military and construction purposes which makes its durability and engineering strength even more critical. It is always important to keep in mind the impact resistance of these plastic cases are temperature-dependent and its coherent construction makes it nearly indestructible.
Here are a few advantages of using the above plastic materials in Carris Cases that will help you meet your expectations:
1) ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) – These kinds of plastics are used in luggage, appliances, power tools, cases used to keep cameras, car bumpers and many more.
• Great impact resistance
• High strength and toughness
• Less expensive compared to other materials
• Easier to glue and paint
2) Polycarbonate Plastic – these plastics are commonly used in eyeglasses, display and graphics holders, machine guards, protects government buildings, hospitals, transports from getting vandalised, skylights and many more.
• Exceptional toughness and stiffness
• Provides outstanding electrical insulation
• Easy to fabricate
• Combines outstandingly with solvent chemicals
• Distinguished optical clarity
3) pDCPD (Polydicyclopentadiene) – these plastics are widely used in construction and agricultural equipment, used in the body panels of buses and trucks, used in military equipment, waste containers and many more due to its high resistance to extreme temperatures.
• First-rate resistance in impact
• Exemplary non-corrosive properties
• Resistant to a wide range of varying temperatures
• Melting and freeze resistant
• Heat resistant
Overall based on how well the plastic cases have advanced in their mechanical and chemical properties you can now stay rest assured that these plastic cases will not compromise on their durability, impact resistance, heat resistance, non-corrosiveness and strength.
As time passes by, every industry is going to use more and more of these shipping cases that are made out of plastic and not metal as plastic cases have proved every now and then that these products can exhibit more strength, durability and can easily outlast its competitors. Any sensitive equipment that would require high quality of protection against any harsh conditions, Carris cases provides you with the best transport solution.